About Dr. Shielagh Shusta Hochberg
- Licensed to Practice Psychology by the States of Florida, New York and Pennsylvania
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Adelphi University, Derner Institute forAdvanced Psychological Studies
- Member of Psychologists for Social Responsibility
- Member, American Psychological Association (APA)
- Charter Member, APA's Division 56, Division of Trauma Psychology
- Member, EMDR International Association
- Member, Psychological Associations of PA, NY & FL
- Fellow and faculty, International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD)
- Designated treatment provider for the Committee for Physician Health, a division of the Medical Society of the State of New York
As a clinical psychologist, I address a broad spectrum of issues that interfere with the pursuit of a reasonably satisfying life. My practice includes
- Relationship and career concerns
- Self-actualization through insight and contemplation
- Addressing obstacles to creative expression
- Life cycle issues of maturity and aging
- Processing & resolving emotional pain & the after-effects of trauma.
Drawing upon many orientations and techniques in my work, I practice both EMDR and clinical hypnosis and have developed "The Healthy Side of the Street©" technique for helping clients build better boundaries. I have published papers on trauma, anxiety and dissociation and present on these and other topics to professionals. Some of these publications are available on the Resources tab, as are several of my contemplative writings.
In addition to the general practice of psychology, I have extensive experience treating PTSD, the dissociative disorders and related symptoms, OCD and other anxiety disorders, communication and boundary issues, and challenges of the life cycle. I collaborate with clients to help them resolve issues that cause them distress, interfere with life and impede healthy functioning.
I offer non-clinical services in addition to the practice of clinical psychology. For those who don't seek psychotherapy but still wish some help setting and reaching goals, life coaching may be the answer.
People who may never have availed themselves of therapy sometimes feel they would benefit from guidance, feedback, and support. I offer coaching for enhancing creativity, improving productivity and addressing life choices. Whether you seek to change a habit or expand your horizons, life coaching may be just what you need to get the process moving.